UX Edmonton is very excited to announce that we are in the planning phase of hosting our 5th annual UX Camp. On the Friday, Saturday of October 20th-21st, 2017, we will be continuing our enduring legacy (half a decade!) of presenting exciting and innovative user experience topics for a fraction of what you pay in the stores.
Location: MacEwan University, Edmonton, Alberta
We want to leverage as much community talent as we can and that’s why our eyes fall to you, the local expert. If you have the chops we want you to speak at this year’s camp. We have a variety of different spots to fill:
- Speakers – Speakers are the backbone of any camp. If you can speak for an hour on a user experience topic then you are exactly what we’re looking for. Speakers should be prepared to give a subject that they are passionate about and that the community will engage with.
- Workshops – Some people prefer showing to telling. If you have an idea for a hands-on activity or concept that you would be willing to share with some very interested participants then we are looking for you. We will need workshop submissions that can keep people engaged for a 2 hour slot.
- Panels – If you and a few others feel they could contribute to a speaking panel on an interesting topic we would be thrilled. We can help you work out the logistics and if necessary find a moderator for you.
Our current proposed schedule is:
- Friday – All day: Workshops
- Saturday– All Day: Speakers & Panels
If you’re looking for inspiration, maybe you’re an expert on:
- User Experience
- Product Design/Development/Management
- Visual Design
- Managing a user experience project
- Case studies
- Social Media
- Strategy and Innovation
- Other matters of import
Submission deadline is September 15th 2017!
Make sure your submission gets across the key points of your presentation. It can be a PDF of slides with notes, a PDF outline of points, or any other structure. Just help us learn!