UX Camp 2021 will be November 20, 2021
Never before has the field of user experience fought so hard to tackle some of the world’s most interesting and challenging problems.
We’re looking for people like you to share their thoughts and ideas, successes and failures, projects and products at this year’s UX Camp.
UX camp 2021 will be an in-person event. Due to the rise in Covid cases, the event will likely be online.
This year we have several ways you can share your knowledge or project:
- Deep dive (45 minute presentation talk or demo)
- Quick take (25 minute presentation talk or demo)
- Panel (Minimum of 3 participants representing diverse perspectives required)
- Product showcase (10 minute product demo)
- Workshop (half-day or full-day)
But my role is not in UX?
Many people in the user experience field come from diverse backgrounds and experience. If you’re a service designer, information architect, content writer, ethnographer, business analyst, developer, scrum master, interaction designer, product manager, even a unicorn, you’re likely one of us.
But I’m not an experienced speaker?
UX camp is a safe space. We’re lucky to have an industry in Alberta that is friendly and supportive, so don’t be shy. If you have something to share but are new or nervous about speaking, consider presenting together with a colleague or reach out to us – our team of experienced speakers can help you make the most of your session.
But I’m not an expert?
Not every great presentation is delivered by an industry veteran or expert of their craft. Tales from the trenches, epic fails, small hard fought wins, or outstanding products just starting out are all well worth sharing. Sharing knowledge doesn’t have to be glamorous.
How do I submit a proposal?
Using the proposal submission form, tell us about your idea, who it’s for, and what you hope the audience can take away from it. Tell us what kind of session format you’d like to do, the topic/audience of your session, and any technology requirements or stage equipment you might need.
How are proposals selected?
We would love to have everyone who submits a proposal speak at UX Camp, but given our time constraints we may have to narrow down the presenters. To help increase your odds, here is a little more about what we’re looking for:
- Your session represents a unique perspective, problem or voice in the industry
- Your session will provide insights that someone can’t get online or through Google. It can be an expansion of an existing idea, but your self-reflection should be evident.
- Your topic is geared to one of these topics/audiences:
- Strategy/Leadership/Product Manager
- Your presentation will include key takeaways that someone can utilize in their careers
- You have real working examples of your ideas, or your talk is associated with a case study
Submissions are due by 11:59 September 22, 2021, and will only be received by submitting the proposal form.
Feel free to reach out to UX Edmonton firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.